
Here we go ‘round the mulberry bush
The mulberry bush, the mulberry bush
Here we go ‘round the mulberry bush
So early in the afternoon

As far as picking goes, Matthew was a cherry picker, not a mulberry picker. That is, he'd bend down to pick up fallen dirty ones 'cause then he knew I'd say "No, don't touch those Matthew, they're yucky!" and promptly give him a good one to ensure good behavior (temporary good behavior, I mean.)
If you've read "Blueberries for Sal" by Robert McCloskey, you'll see that Melanie is a perfect little Sal.



There were no bears...but she did share her berries with Matthew, and had nothing left over in her pail at the end.
Nathan was a fabulous helper! It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't eat any!!


Yup, that bowl of berries were ALL picked by him. He, however, didn't share with Matthew OR Melanie. Both him and I had to keep saying:
"No Sal,
Run along and pick your own berries."
(Mother wants to can hers for the winter)
Or gobble them up in a day or two. :)
1 comment:
Love it! Thanks a lot, Roze!
Post a Comment