Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Just so you know...we'll be posting a sign in the future..."

"that will say "no children allowed in the ultrasound rooms.""
(I wonder, what they will do when children need an ultrasound done?)
"Yes, I'm sorry."
"You really can't take all three kids in the room with you. It's small, and it's dark."
"They'll be fine."

Did I think taking all three kids for my prenatal ultrasound was going to be a party?
Probably.
Did I try to find a babysitter for them?
Probably.
Was it my fault one friend is in China, another in Vancouver, and the rest busy chaperoning a field trip for their kids in school?
Probably.
After all, it's probably MY fault that I don't have more friends. :p

The grumpy lady ended up taking Nathan and Melanie behind the reception desk and watching them while they colored. Matthew was in the stroller and fell asleep in the muggy room before half of it was up.
All's well that ends well.

Next time, if I go to the same place, I'll make sure I don't take all three...
or four...

3 comments:

Mom/Zina said...

nice picture of baby!
guess what, Steve got us as well as him hooked up to high speed for the next while. Dad and Steve are in the shop taking the tranny apart by the book to see if it is worth fixing. love mom

gloridaze said...

If I were you (which i am not, but it's just a suggestion) I would write a letter of complaint. Better yet kindly ask your husband to write about how his beautiful wife was treated.
What utter nonsense!!! Making you feel awkward about your brood. I am quite irate for you!!! And the sign - the silliest thing I ever heard. No children allowed?!? What do they think they are taking pictures of - gorillas??? Please write them a letter!!!

momofcrt said...

I think the general population of children might not be as well behaved as yours likely are. So I can kind of understand why they wouldn't let them in.
Perhaps they were afraid that something could/would get damaged because they're little yet?
Doesn't mean they have to be rude of course, that's not what I'm saying.
I think you should write a note of displeasure on how you and your children were treated. There are lots of parents who I'm sure would love to take sibs in to see the U/S!!