Friday, March 14, 2025

Apr 2024, first half

Spring is coming! Time to get some plants started inside. My garden outside is warming up and getting ready for planting!

I enlisted some help from Jennifer to put in some of the peas I started growing inside. They didn't transplant very well...I'm not sure that the work of keeping them alive indoors gave me a head start after all. Maybe I started them too early.

Melanie in her awesome car. She saved about $3,000 by getting a manual instead of an automatic. Which is very brave of her. 
Jennifer doing her flute practice.

And on April 8 we all took the day off (except Nathan who had classes that day) and went off to enjoy the solar eclipse. It was almost a 2 hour drive to get into the path of totality. We decided to meet our friends and enjoy the experience together.

So excited!

It was really cloudy when the time of the eclipse happened. All the eclipse glasses we bought weren't all that useful. Although, apparently, if you held them just right you could see something through the clouds.

Even without seeing the sun getting blocked by the moon, the effect of the the sunlight turning into darkness was still really amazing.
The beach had a lot of smooth stones, so we all tried out our skills at skipping stones.
Sejin is much better at taking photos than I am. Thankfully she shares her pics with me.



We had a really good time together, and when the eclipse was over we also enjoyed some food and chatted for a long time.

Another Sunday with our monthly Missional Home Group meeting. It keeps us busy as a family!

The kids at the kids' table. They are always really hungry by the time the food is ready.

No comments: